Arnold Schwarzenegger is Back - ‘The Last Stand’

Action icon Arnold Schwarzenegger makes his much-anticipated lead role return to the big screen in Jee-woon Kim’s ‘The Last Stand.’ After leaving his LAPD narcotics post following a bungled operation that left him wracked with remorse and regret, Sheriff Ray Owens (Schwarzenegger) moved out of Los Angeles and settled into a life fighting what little crime takes place in sleepy border town Sommerton Junction. But that peaceful existence is shattered when Gabriel Cortez (Eduardo Noriega), the most notorious, wanted drug kingpin in the western hemisphere, makes a deadly yet spectacular escape from an FBI prisoner convoy. Alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger and Eduardo Noriega, the likes of Jaimie Alexander, Zach Gilford, Forest Whitaker, Luis Guzman, Rodrigo Santoro, Johnny Knoxville, Alexander, Peter Stormare, Harry Dean Stanton and Genesis Rodriguez co-star. Look out for ‘The Last Stand’ from January 18th in the US and January 25th in the UK.




Giving us a hint of what to expect in the movie, he said " from the beginning to the end I was punching, I was shooting, I was running, I was climbing, I was falling, I was kicked, I was beaten, I was in cars, I was in crashes… and it was from beginning to end (laughs). I did a lot of the chase scenes, a lot of the fast driving – I love driving fast. There was one chase scene through a cornfield, I’d never really seen a chase through a cornfield, but let me tell you, it is an experience as a driver (laughs). You’re driving through this cornfield and you have this high corn, maybe 10 feet tall, and you have no idea where you are. The other person is also racing through it and he might be right next to you, 2 feet away, but he can’t see you because of the corn. That was what was happening in this chase scene, we were banging into each other, spinning around, doing all of these different things. It was safe, but you just had to worry about the ditches and the holes, but other than that it was terrific."

Comments

Popular Posts